Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Constance B Purser has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Cholesterol Management
- Sleep Disorders
- Nutritional Support
- Geriatric Medicine
Showing 5 of 26
In 2013, I had broken my hip in CT and operated on in MA and on coumadin for a number of weeks following, so when I returned to FL, I needed a new MD. She had been recommended to me, but I worried she would not take on a new patient. Lucky for me she did. I find her quite knowledgeable about not only medical issues, but other topics as well. I enjoy my visits with her. She seems more friend than remote physician and takes as much time as I need when I'm with her. She came to the hospital in 2014 each day I was there and helped me after reconstructive hip surgery. Dr Purser is an amazing woman.
Have happily been a patient for six years and today I am in better shape than twenty years ago and Dr Purser gets a large chunk of the credit. Her unique combination of medical savvy and straight talk, coupled with her warmth and sense of humour, set me on the path to a much healthier, medicine-free future. She is definitely a keeper of the highest caliber.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2016, 2015, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
22 Years Experience
Wake Forest University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Constance B Purser accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsConstance B Purser Md Pl, 8936 77th Ter E Unit 102, Lakewood Ranch, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Constance B Purser in this video.
Dr. Constance B Purser is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lakewood Ranch, FL.