Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Type 1 Diabetes Get type 1 diabetes facts, including causes, signs, symptoms & more.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Constance F Stewart has the following 1 specialty
- Pediatric Endocrinology
Endocrinologists treat disorders related to our glands and the hormones they produce. Because hormones play a key role in the growth and development of children, these conditions often pose different threats to children than they do adults. That’s where a pediatric endocrinologist comes in.
They can diagnose and treat hormonal disorders such as abnormal thyroid function, growth complications and early or delayed puberty. Ambiguous genitals as well as ovarian and testicular dysfunction are also part of their expertise. Childhood obesity, diabetes and problems with low blood sugar also tie back to hormone function and may require consulting with a pediatric endocrinologist.
Dr. Constance F Stewart has the following 5 expertise
- Growth Disorders
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Dr. Constance F Stewart has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 10
If you're serious about managing your health, see Dr. Stewart. She is helping me manage my underactive thyroid and lose weight. All other doctors I've been to in the past just take your blood and prescribe meds, but Dr. Stewart talks to you about managing and taking charge of your health. I lost 12 lbs so far and she is firm yet encouraging. Don't expect to be treated with kid gloves, as she delivers your diagnosis in real terms that boil down to the fact that you are a partner with her in reaching your health goals, and doing nothing between appts is not going to change anything. You can see Rebecca the nutritionist on her staff to discuss what you're eating and what to change--practical and simple. Julie takes your blood and weighs you, and is a great cheerleader in your corner. You'd be surprised how food choices and working in a little exercise can impact the scale.
I was not happy with this doctor. She ask us to get an x-ray done for my daughter. Her staff refer me to a lab when I went back to see dr. Stewart she was upset that I had gone to this lab. I told her that if she didn't like the way the lab worked why have her staff refer you to them. She wasn't very professional at her comments at all. Believe me not kid friendly. I think she should retire and take care of whatever it is she has.
41 Years Experience
Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Metropolitan Hospital Center
Dr. Constance F Stewart accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMedical Offices For Diabetes, 515 Hempstead Ave, Rockville Centre, NY
Dr. Constance F Stewart is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rockville Centre, NY.