Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Constantine G Lyketsos
Dr. Constantine G Lyketsos, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Baltimore, MD. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Lyketsos is affiliated with Johns Hopkins University Hospital. Dr. Lyketsos has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Constantine G Lyketsos has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Sleep Disorders
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Psychosomatic Disorders
- Cognition Disorders
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Personality Disorder
- Neurotic Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Delirium, Dementia, Amnestic, Cognitive Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Psychotic Disorders
- Mental Disorders
- Clinical Research
- Memory Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Huntington Disease
- HIV Seropositivity
- Vascular Dementia
- Depressive Disorder
- AIDS Dementia Complex
- Clinical Depression (Major Depressive Disorder)
- HIV Infections
- Mood Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
America's Top Doctors (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Dr. Lyketsos is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
Washington University In St Louis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Johns Hopkins Health System
Dr. Constantine G Lyketsos accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAlzheimer Dementia Treatment Center, 5300 Alpha Commons Dr, Baltimore, MD
Dr. Constantine G Lyketsos is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Baltimore, MD.