Dr. Constantinos Constantinou Is this you?

8 Ratings • 1 Comment

Have you seen Dr. Constantinos Constantinou?

The best of the best.

Posted on March 5th, 2009

Enter ER with chest pain, xray shows 40% left pnemothroax, chest tube/pleurovac. Doc called said I have same condition as relative (blebs). Next morning surgery, remove blebs through chest incision.week later and suction is stopped, lung fails again. Surgery 2: attach lung to chest wall. Staph infection! Surgery 3:Clean Staph, this did not work, it spread, food coming out chest cavity into pleurovac! esophageal perforation. Surgery 4: Seal esophageal perforation, clean chest cavity out. Wake up on respirator, Nasogastric intubation. Weeks in ICU, PICC line for nutrients, no swallowing anything, not even saliva 3 weeks on this until esophageal perforation heals. 6 weeks total in hospital 1/2 spent in ICU. I believe Dr.C did everything he could to help me. I was a nightmare of a patient that's for sure! I only wish he explained things better to me. He is a busy man, this I understand but when he was visiting I wish he explained things with greater detail. The only thing Dr.C could improve on is communication with the patient. But these few gripes aside, he is an incredibly skilled surgeon, and a great person. I would most definitely recommend him. He saved my life and for this I'm forever grateful! Cheers to you Dr.C!

Posted on September 29th, 2017