Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Corey S Greenwald
Dr. Corey S Greenwald, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Decatur, GA. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Greenwald is affiliated with Dekalb Medical Center, Wellstar Atlanta Medical Center and Anchor Behavioral Health. Dr. Greenwald has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Corey S Greenwald has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 28
Do not go to this doctor!!! I had a friend that tried to commit suicide and was taken into Atlanta Medical Hospital in Atlanta. She had cut her wrist badly. She was kept there for 3 days and released by this moron with no treatment and no medication. Two days later, feeling suicidal again, she called this excuse for a doctor and he HUNG UP ON HER. She called him back and he hung up on her again. Five times in all this irresponsible man "I want call him a doctor at this point" hung up on her. What kind on doctor does such a thing with his patients? One that does not care at all about them. That's what kind!
Dr. Greenwald is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
The Warren Alpert Medical School Of Brown University
Graduated in 1990
St Lukes Roosevelt Hospital Center
Dr. Corey S Greenwald accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Atlanta HMOx
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDakalb Psychiatry Associates, 2711 Irvin Way Ste 211, Decatur, GA
Dr. Corey S Greenwald is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Decatur, GA.