Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Corliss D Newhouse
Dr. Corliss D Newhouse, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Rockville, MD, with another office in Silver Spring, MD. She has 20 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Newhouse is affiliated with Adventist Healthcare Shady Grove Medical Center and Holy Cross Hospital of Silver Spring. Dr. Newhouse has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Corliss D Newhouse has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
Usually the first appointment with a new physician is awkward, but Dr. Newhouse's staff made me feel welcome and like I was an endeared, long time patient. Dr. Newhouse was like a breath of fresh air. My previous doctor moved out of the area and I had trepidations about a new doctor, but she eased all of my anxieties as soon as she walked into the examination room. We talked first to discuss any issues I might have, excused herself while I disrobed and returned to do a thorough examination. She promised to contact me if the lab results were abnormal. I'm almost sorry I don't have to see her until this time next year because she is such a likable person! Thank you Dr. Newhouse for being the kind, compassionate doctor that everyone needs in their life!
Dr. Newhouse is the worse doctor that I have ever been to. She wasn't professional nor did she like communicating. I had lab work done and I had to keep calling to try and get the results, this went on for about two weeks. I finally stop calling and after the fourth week she called to give me the information. I will never go back to her and my advise to others is to steer clear of her.
At first I didn't mind the long waits at the Rockville location because I experienced this at other practices in the area but I stopped going to this practice because of Dr. Newhouse. The disorganized office sent me to take additional exams at two different locations only to find out they do not offer those exams. I came back to Dr. Newhouse for a follow-up and she blamed me for the mix-up and was rude and unsympathetic.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2012, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Newhouse is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Corliss D Newhouse accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Corliss D Newhouse in this video.
Dr. Corliss D Newhouse is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Rockville, MD.