Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Cornelia L Gallo
Cornelia L Gallo is a Doctor primarily located in Westport, CT. Her specialties include Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychiatry. She speaks English.
19 Compo Rd S
Westport, CT 06880
Cornelia L Gallo has the following 2 specialties
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Cornelia L Gallo has the following 8 expertise
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Autism (Autistic Disorder)
Cornelia L Gallo is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Unethical - Would Not Recommend
Self-verified patient of Cornelia L Gallo - Posted on June 4th, 2018
Luckily our child was only a patient for a very short time. We were referred to Dr. Gallo by her friend she trained with who is unethical. Choosing to see the best in someone waited it out but found Dr. Gallo to be incompetent and unethical herself. The child should come first, not the money or outside influences. I would not recommend her for any child.
Self-verified patient of Cornelia L Gallo - Posted on December 6th, 2014
After seeing around 6 mental health professionals, when my Husband and I found Dr. Gallo, everything clicked. She gives our daughter an excellent outlet, even providing her with her personal cellphone number if she needed anything at any time. Dr. Gallo is professional yet she connects so well with our daughter, soon to be 17, something that was seemingly impossible. I would highly recommend her.
Wonderful psych for teenage girls
Self-verified patient of Cornelia L Gallo - Posted on July 28th, 2014
After seeing about ten different psychiatrists in the area, we were pleased to find Dr. Gallo. I had despaired of ever finding anyone that my girls could relate to. Her easy-going manner makes my daughters comfortable. We find her genuinely caring and easy to talk to. She doesn't just throw medications to make issues go away.
Self-verified patient of Cornelia L Gallo - Posted on September 3rd, 2010
Self-verified patient of Cornelia L Gallo - Posted on July 13th, 2010
Dr.Gallo prescribed medication to my son without ever seeing him. She later knowingly violated a court order and saw my son without my knowledge or consent. In a 10 minute meeting she prescribed yet another medication and ended the meeting to go appear in court for something or someone. When confronted her response was "I screwed up" and that will be $600.00 please.
Cornelia L Gallo Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Cornelia L Gallo's office for more information.
19 Compo Rd S Westport, CT 06880
Locations & Directions19 Compo Rd S, Westport, CT
Take a minute to learn about Cornelia L Gallo in Westport, CT, in this video.
Cornelia L Gallo is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Westport, CT.