Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Cornelius T Gallagher has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Cornelius T Gallagher has the following 7 expertise
- Chest Infection
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Angiographic Visualization
Dr. Cornelius T Gallagher is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
WHILE I GO TO ANOTHER DR IN THE PRACTICE , WHO I AM SATISFIED WITH - I FEEL DR GALLAGHER MISDIAGNOSED MY FAMILY MEMBER . ONE MONTH SHE HAD BRONCHITUS , THE NEXT SHE MONTH SHE HAD STAGE 4 LUNG CANCER AND PASSED WITHIN 2 MONTHS - HE MISSED THAT SHE HAD CANCER - NEVER CALLED TO SEE HOW SHE WAS DOING - IF I COULD , I WOULD GIVE HIM A zERO
Self-verified patient of Dr. Cornelius T Gallagher - Posted on March 30th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Cornelius T Gallagher - Posted on October 10th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Cornelius T Gallagher - Posted on October 6th, 2016
When I first meet Dr Gallager I was nervous because of my COPD. Well the nervousness lasted about 10 minutes. He is what all Dr should be. Caring , funny and down to earth. Your a person to him not a dollar sign. He is through and complete with his examination. He will answer any question you have including talking about his most recent vacation ð. So if you in the need for a good lung Dr he is the guy.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Cornelius T Gallagher - Posted on April 9th, 2014
I like Dr. Gallagher very much; he's not warm and fuzzy per se, but he is focused and dedicated to his patients. I've been a patient of the practice since 1986, 30+ years. They have advanced in their knowledge of their industry and applied accordingly to their patients. Dr. Gallagher has diagnozed and helped with my asthma and pulmonary issues. I don't need warm and fuzzy, i need a good doctor.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Cornelius T Gallagher - Posted on September 13th, 2011
Very poor service from a "god-like" attitude doctor. His ideas are dated and so is his therapies!! Uses drugs from the 1980s and is resistant to change. My mother is his log time patient. I had to finally intervene because of my medical background as a nurse. Run from this man as he is far out of touch with current proven medicines!
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
32 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 1986
Dr. Cornelius T Gallagher accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Health Garden State
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Cornelius T Gallagher, MD - Pulmonary Disease in Ocean, NJ, in this video.
Dr. Cornelius T Gallagher is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Ocean, NJ.