Dr. Cornelius Mance Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Cornelius Mance?

uncaring

I left crying. Felt he had not listened and did not care.

I was referred to Dr Mance while I was a patient in Parkridge East. My friend had told the ER nurse that I was "incoherent" during a phone call the day I was admitted for a serious leg infection (F). Dr Mance ordered a brain MRI before he saw me. When he did appear in my room, he was on about the 3 days I mainly slept (M-W) & made an off the wall comment that I could have hurt someone (assuming I was driving during this time). He was rude, cut me off, was not interested in anything I had to say. I was never "incoherent". I couldn't hear my caller & kept trying to have him repeat what he was saying (there was someone else present). Dr Mance made an inappropriate comment to my nurse, saying he was messing with my head. If he really believed I was having mental problems, that was totally inappropriate!!! Even after A costly & unnecessary MRI he didn't offer the results (normal except for a few old lesions from MS), ordered a brain scan. My primary doctor laughed about the whole situation, but said he didn't like to cancel other doctors' orders, so I did. He didn't leave it alone even after a normal MRI & my doctor & nurse telling him I was totally alert & competent ( I wonder why he asked them). I am a doctoral level therapist. I talk to patients who have been referred by doctors, family members... If I didn't listen to them, I'd never get an accurate diagnosis! (And my patients are all supposedly mentally or emotionally incompetent) Dr Mance's refusal to let me say anything was outrageous! Not knowing my friend's comment referred to the phone call on Friday, he was off & running with the days I slept. He even pointed out I had slid to the floor. I could have cleared that one up too, but he again cut me off & said I didn't know why. Well, I did, so I fixed it. I had put my new memory foam mattress on my box spring. I had difficulty getting up into bed & had to literally slide out. I slid onto the floor a few times - so, I've removed the box spring. No medical treatment needed. My experience with Dr Mance was, at best, frustrating, at worst infuriating. I always refer my patients back to their physician or to a specialist to insure there is no physical cause for any of their symptoms before making a working diagnosis. I also work closely with a competent psychiatrist. Patients deserve to have a competent diagnosis based on all the facts we can possibly ascertain.

Needs to stop practicing

I was admitted to the hospital on Monday. Dr. Mance came in on Tuesday to see me. Not only did he act like a goof ball but he gave me a business card for essential oils. He told me they were better and more pure than the brand I use. He came in this morning and said "based on the MRI report you have a spot on your right frontal lobe, but I believe it's all just a migraine. " So my neurologist didn't even look at the MRI himself. That's a bit scary. He's sending me home knowing my head is hurting as bad as it was on Monday. Also he knows I can't use the left side of my body. I wouldn't recommend Dr. Mance to my enemy.

Do not recommend

Really bad experience. No sense of care or concern for the patient.

Dr.Smartass

Does not have any bed side manner. Too sarcastic & makes his patients feel stupid. My grandfather was under his care, he jumped the gun on upping medication & did not act as if his patients meant anything to him. Would NOT reccomend

Nightmare!

Is more interested in selling his sideline products than diagnosing the problem. I felt like we were at an Amway presentation.

I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 2006. Dr. Mance was the on call neuro at Erlanger. I had a really rough first few relapses, and he recommended I have a port put in due to the possibility of going on Tysabri. Unfortunately I was talked into leaving Dr. Mance's care as my parents felt he wasn't the right fit. Now in 2012 I'm about to start Tysabri after a long and painful battle. Dr. Mance saw then what it's taken other doctors years to see. I'm very sorry I left his care. Thank you, Dr. Mance. Your attitude was awesome, and I greatly appreciate your positive outlook.

Could not tell when he was joking or being serious. Showed little compassion for someones first visit. Just seemed like another day at the office. When asked what's wrong with a patient he showed a video instead if answering questions.

wont be back