Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Cornell M Cohen
Dr. Cornell M Cohen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Smithtown, NY, with another office in Port Jefferson Station, NY. He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Cohen is affiliated with John T Mather Memorial Hospital and St Catherine of Siena Medical Center. Dr. Cohen has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Cornell M Cohen has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Cornell M Cohen has the following 12 expertise
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Blood Clot
- Heart Attack
- Heart Failure
Dr. Cornell M Cohen has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Cornell M Cohen is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
Not very thorough, wait over an hour in waiting room and then another half hour in exam room, spends very little time, and is not very helpful in answering questions. Hard to book appointment with him as he is not in a lot maybe 2 or 3 days a month, plus he never calls back, his staff is very rude and they lose lab results and paperwork. Will not renew prescriptions unless you go for office visit, and they charge you double for many things. Staff has large turnaround. There are so many other better cardiologists in the area why would you want to waste your time? I switched and very happy I did, did not feel confident with him at all.
Dr. Cohen is an excellent doctor. He spends a lot of time listening to your questions & concerns. The only issue I have is that the fact when I need an immediate follow up visit I always need to call back because of schedule of when your Doctor will be available is at the Port Jefferson office is not available. In all my years (76) I have never visited a doctor's who was unable to make a follow up visit before leaving his office. Hopefully, however does the scheduling for this office should wake up and smell the roses. Highly rated doctors who are inaccessible due to poor scheduling practices. Makes no sense to me.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Cohen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1994
Dr. Cornell M Cohen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Metro
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Cornell M Cohen, MD - Cardiovascular Disease in Smithtown, NY, in this video.
Dr. Cornell M Cohen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Smithtown, NY.