Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Cory A Muscara has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 45
Wow - I am very surprised at the reviews I have been reading. I've been a patient here since before Dr Muscara was at this location - over 20 years. The staff (office) has always been friendly, respectful and helpful. The Drs are more than helpful. They are thorough with their examinations and don't leave the room until all my questions are answered. This is part of the reason for sometimes having to wait longer than normal. I always get a phone call regarding my lab work. As for the girl in Billing - she is always nice as can be and very helpful with my billing issues. As for all the bad reviews I read, maybe some of those people writing them weren't as courteous as they should have been!!
I haven't had any issues with the Doctors in this office. But the office itself is horrible. They never take appointments on time, the front desk girl and nurses are always short and rude. The office withholds test results (that they're required to notify you about as per NYS law.) I always have to call multiple times and hunt down my results to get any information. I've seen the last straw though, I will not be returning.
I would give zero stars if i could. Where do I start? You walk in to a filthy waiting room with a long wait time. The nurses on many occasions have ruptured my veins while taking blood samples and have poor attitudes. The doctors never have much of an explanation for you and rush you after you wait endlessly and you leave with no answers. Aside from bad doctors office and nurses they also have a nasty woman in the billing department who will hang up on you when you have issue with the sloppy paperwork. Not to mention the broken hippa law. So if you want to catch something worse than you came in with, be stripped of all your basic human rights and robbed blind this would be the place for you
34 Years Experience
St Georges University
Graduated in 1984
Coney Island Hospital
Dr. Cory A Muscara accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsFamily Medicine Associates, 580 Sunrise Hwy, West Babylon, NY
Dr. Cory A Muscara is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Babylon, NY.