Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Courtney E Sherman has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Surgery
A pediatric surgeon is a qualified surgeon who has additional training in performing surgery on young patients, including fetuses (neonatal or fetal surgery), infants, children, adolescents and teenagers.
Because pediatric patients are still growing and developing, they are often more difficult to operate on than adults. These patients have smaller bodies and smaller organs requiring even more of a precise and measured approach by a surgeon.
Some of the conditions that may require the care of a pediatric surgeon are congenital malformations, such as cleft lip and palate, abdominal wall defects, like hernias, deformities of the chest wall, childhood tumors, like neuroblastomas and separation of conjoined twins.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Malignant Bone Tumors/Cancer (Osteosarcoma)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Bone Tumors/Cancer (Chondrosarcoma)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
I really liked Dr. Sherman at first. She did my knee surgery but I continued to have problems. She eventually became very rude to me and let me know I was irritating her. I am looking for a new surgeon now. My leg was better BEFORE Dr. Sherman operated. I finally just gave up. I hope I can find someone who can get me up, on my feet and out of this wheel chair which I did not have to use before her surgery. I will never go back to the Mayo.
Dr. Sherman performed surgery on my knee, after two previous failed knee replacements. Not only is she a top-rate surgeon, her compassion and caring shows through each time I see her. She is so easy to converse with, answers all questions and never makes me feel rushed! I respect and admire Dr. Sherman immensely! She gave me hope when I felt that I was in a hopeless situation.
She's the best, most compassionate dr. I have ever been to. I will be forever grateful to her for finding out my problem (severe hip osteoarthritis) and helping me in more ways then one. She has a wonderful bedside manner and I felt completely at ease with her. She will be doing my knee replacement in the future. I wouldn't want anyone else doing it.
12 Years Experience
Northeastern Ohio University College Of Medicine And Pharmacy
Graduated in 2006
Dr. Courtney E Sherman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Carelink HMO
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsMayo Clinic Hospital, 4500 San Pablo Rd S, Jacksonville, FL
Dr. Courtney E Sherman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jacksonville, FL.