Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Coy D Heldermon has the following 2 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Coy D Heldermon has the following 6 expertise
- Gaucher Disease
- Breast Cancer
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
Showing 4 of 4
When finding out I had breast cancer I had a choice where to go . I chose Shands Cancer Center in Gainsville Fl at University of Florida. My visit to my fantastic surgeon Dr Spegial, she got me in with Dr Helderman. That appointment put the icing on the cake knowing after I was in good hands with surgeon. I was now blessed to be in the hands of a very caring and knowledge oncologist. He was very agreesive but if that is what it took I would do what he suggested.. Going through the joint pain with addition chemo was worth it. The thing you don’t do at least for me since this was my choice was not to second guess. His bedside manner is great in fact both including my surgeon were the best I have ever had including their knowlwge and expertise I cancer. So if you want a dr with knowledge and expertise in cancer I recommend Dr. Helderman.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
17 Years Experience
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsUF Health Shands Childrens Hospital, 1600 SW Archer Rd, Gainesville, FL
Dr. Coy D Heldermon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gainesville, FL.