Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Craig A Brown has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Clinical Depression
- Bipolar Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
Very arrogant. I tried to explain what had happened to my son at the hospital. The Dr. got angry and told me to go back to the hospital and vacuum more mucous. He was establishing his dominenece. UNfortunateyl this cause weeks of delays as my sons treatment was delayed. All due to Dr. Brown's big ego.
The wait was long everytime...but worth the wait. This doctor knows his stuff, he constantly checks updates and continously cross references to assure his patients recieve the best applicable treatment. He does what based on his education and experience he feels will benifit you. But also open to your suggestions. Does not just medicate. He is invested in your care. I appreciate his effort and proffessionalism.
Dr. Brown takes an active and real interest in improving the mental and physical health of his patients. Often appointments will run late so if you want a cookie cutter/assembly line approach to mental health then you should see someone else. In my opinion his services are well worth the wait. He truly practices medicine as a vocation and not a job. He's interested in getting you to a positive resolution to your issue and is not a "grab them and hold them forever" psyco-babble practitioner.
48 Years Experience
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1970
Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center
Dr. Craig A Brown accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCraig Alan Brown Md, 480 4th Ave Ste 511, Chula Vista, CA
Dr. Craig A Brown is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chula Vista, CA.