Get the facts about diabetes, including the difference between type 1, type 2 and gestational diabetes.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Type 1 Diabetes Get type 1 diabetes facts, including causes, signs, symptoms & more.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Craig A Alter has 5 locations
210 Mall Blvd
King Of Prussia, PA 19406
550 S Goddard Blvd
King Of Prussia, PA 19406
3401 Civic Center Blvd Ste 30
Philadelphia, PA 19104
1245 Highland Ave Ste 204
Abington, PA 19001
500 W Butler Ave
Chalfont, PA 18914
Book Online Now
Craig A Alter has the following 1 specialty
- Pediatric Endocrinology
Endocrinologists treat disorders related to our glands and the hormones they produce. Because hormones play a key role in the growth and development of children, these conditions often pose different threats to children than they do adults. That’s where a pediatric endocrinologist comes in.
They can diagnose and treat hormonal disorders such as abnormal thyroid function, growth complications and early or delayed puberty. Ambiguous genitals as well as ovarian and testicular dysfunction are also part of their expertise. Childhood obesity, diabetes and problems with low blood sugar also tie back to hormone function and may require consulting with a pediatric endocrinologist.
Craig A Alter has the following 7 expertise
- Pituitary Diseases
- Thyroid Diseases
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- Growth Disorders
Craig A Alter is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Self-verified patient of Craig A Alter - Posted on April 5th, 2017
This doctor completely ignored my sons medical history and focused solely on a secluded six month period of time. Didn't look at records, didn't look at growth curve. Refused to answer questions. Seemed like he had us "figured out" from the second we walked in. He admitted that my child was genetically disproportionate but said oh he's just short. I would never in a million years see this doctor again. Maybe he's only interested in a paycheck. Doctors should help people. Good thing for second opinions
Nice, but no help
Self-verified patient of Craig A Alter - Posted on March 28th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Craig A Alter - Posted on January 4th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Craig A Alter - Posted on February 24th, 2015
Dr. Alter was great with our child BUT he was rushed in our visit, did not ask us questions regarding symptoms, said, "goodbye" without giving us a summary of our appointment leaving us confused as to the next steps, wrote a letter to our primary with incorrect information, when questioned about that he said, "it is standard on the form and all he has to do is delete it." Our daughter gained an enormous amount of weight rapidly and during our appointment he mentioned how she not only gained weight but abnormal height as well. He then went on to say that she is just obese and he is not a therapist for obesity. We will NOT be going back to him.
Self-verified patient of Craig A Alter - Posted on October 29th, 2014
Dr. Alter clealy enjoys his work---he spent the time to interract with my 7 year old, making sure she was comfortable before jumping into the medical questions. He was not rushed---which was pretty astonishing given that there is a 6 month wait to see him. Also, he returned my email within 20 minutes, and gave me the lab results. I recommend him with the highest rating!
Craig A Alter Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Select
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Multiplan PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Craig A Alter - Pediatric Endocrinology in King Of Prussia, PA, in this video.
Craig A Alter is similar to the following 4 Doctors near King Of Prussia, PA.