Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Craig M Burrows
Dr. Craig M Burrows, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Escondido, CA. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Critical Care Medicine and Pulmonary Disease. Dr. Burrows is affiliated with Palomar Medical Center Poway, Scripps Memorial Hospital-La Jolla and Palomar Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Craig M Burrows has the following 2 specialties
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
Dr. Craig M Burrows has the following 1 expertise
Showing 3 of 3
After reading multiple sites on Dr. Burrows - there is no doubt he is a good doctor. My problem is with his bedside manner or lack of. He never took enough time to fully explain the diagnoses. Forget it - if you had any questions. If you had a question you were met with his eye rolling and his irritability. It was like we were already to supposed to know everything he was talking about. Please work on your bedside manner and make your patients feel valued and cared for.
Dr. Burrows is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 1993
Dr. Craig M Burrows accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Locations & DirectionsEscondido Cardiology Associates, 1955 Citracado Pkwy Ste 300, Escondido, CA
Dr. Craig M Burrows is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Escondido, CA.