2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Craig P Bushong?

Do not recommend

Dr. Bushong defines arrogance. Rude, unprofessional and has raised his voice. Controlling and highly ego-driven, lacking in empathy. Did not keep agreed-upon medication management schedule. Missed phone appointment without apology or accountability. Claims to be well-versed in psychopharmacology, yet not experienced with newer medications. I do not trust this doctor to either know or do what is best for me and my health. Note: charges $450/hr., most local psychiatrists top at $250/hr.

I was considering taking my child to see Dr. Bushong but after reading the reviews no way! How does this guy even have a practice here in the valley?

Arrogant and Rude

We were seeing Dr. Bushong for our DD daughter for her anxiety and mood swings. He told her to "shut up" twice during her last appointment! He was focused on the medication he wanted to give her! We left his office with our daughter sobbing. I will never go back subject our daughter to that kind of treatment again!

Do not recommend. Flippant. We had a very bad experience with him and would not recommend at all, ever. Incorrect diagnosis set our son back from getting needed attention.

He was highly recommended and has exceeded expectations!

Dr. Bushong has been a vital part of my teen's therapy. We were referred to him by others in the field that called him "the best." He has never jumped toward medications, and has had a caring focus on psychotherapy. Every kid is different, but mine has really been able to open up with Dr. Bushong's manner of therapy, and my child has made dramatic improvements. We are very blessed to have him for a doctor.

I give Dr. B. credit with saving my life!! He is very professional, very caring. A fabulous doctor! I am very surprised by the negative comments posted above. I'm guessing from a disgruntled patient...?!

Look at how he acts, not at what he says

Very friendly, but so are a lot of people. He does not return phone calls, then makes excuses. Was one of them, "I was out of town?" Fine, but whp was on call for him??? Does he talk about private details from his children's lives when you are trying to talk about yours?

Extremely thoughtful and caring

We contacted 'Dr.B' in a moment of serious crisis with our teenage son and were impressed with his evaluation and ability to work with both our son (on some very challenging issues) as well as with us as we tried to sort out how best to help our son. Contrary to what others have written, we liked his emphasis on psychotherapy and did not feel as though he "pushed" medication treatment over 'talk therapy'. We continue to see Dr. B and are extremely satisfied with his care

Dr. Bushong does not return phone calls. He always has some lame excuse about why he does not. Although he is a friendly sort, I agree with the previous commenters that he only seems interested in writing prescriptions. Talk therapy is mostly about his own children. I'l bet his kids would be mortified to know the kinds of things he tells his patients about his kids.

only wants to prescribe meds

My daughter has been seeing Dr. Bushong for two years. Dr. Bushong is gracious and easy to talk to but I don't feel like he is on top of what is going on. I can't get him to return phone calls when I have questions or concerns. I get the feeling he just wants to write a prescription and be done with it.

Cannot Recommend for Therapy

We saw Dr. Bushong due to our teenage son's recently diagnosed depression. Dr. Bushong is very friendly and seems like a genuinely nice man. However, he was completely focused on prescribing medication above all else. He seemed unable to accept our decision to continue for another two weeks at minimal dosage (prescibed by a hospital doctor) before deciding whether it was working and whether to up the medication at that time. In reference to our concerns about prescribing anti-depressants only recently approved for teenagers, he said teenage brains were "exactly the same as adult brains", which was a bit worrysome given the scientific literature to the contrary. At the same time, he did not seem to think our son all that depressed and seemed ambivalent about the idea of regular talk therapy. But he came highly recommended, so we decided to give treatment a chance. Unfortunately, according to our son, during his first solo appointment they only talked for about 30 minutes, and Dr. Bushong spent the next 30 minutes entering things into his computer. Our son called us immediately after the appointment to ask us to find him another therapist. So unfortunately, as nice as he seems as a person, we cannot recommend Dr. Bushong for therapy.

There are so many doctors coming to quick conclusions and ready to write perscriptions. If you are lucky enough to be seeing or have your kid seeing Dr. Bushong, be patient, you are not there to have a cavity filled or a bone set; this is serious stuff taken seriously. Dr. Bushong re-wired me and allowed me to be happy, productive and positive.

Dr. Craig P Bushong is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Glenwood Springs, CO.