Get the facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including the conditions and medications that can cause it.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Craig W Canfield has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. Craig W Canfield has the following 10 expertise
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Enlarged Prostate (Prostatic Hyperplasia)
- Urinary Incontinence
- Bladder Issues
- Prostate Cancer
- Urologic Emergencies
- Kidney Stones
Dr. Craig W Canfield has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Craig W Canfield is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 14
I have been seeing Dr. Canfield for about three years. My first visit was for a very painful case of prostatitis. Dr. C proscribed different medications that eventually eliminated the infection and I'm now dealing with BPH and an overactive bladder. Not fun growing older, but my problem isn't Dr. C's fault! He's been responsive, very professional and direct. I'm very happy with him and have been told by other Dr. friends that he's a fine and highly qualified Dr. I recently saw one of the PA's who was also professional, curtious and helpful. Highly recommend Dr. C and his PA.
I stumbled upon this rating website for Dr. Canfield, and I must say I was astonished to see less than a 4 star rating for the doctor. That is the rating I give, and that is what I would rate Dr. C, from the very beginning of my experience with him some 4 years ago to now. I consider him (and his staff) as the best. I would never consider any other urologist. He has always taken as much time with me as I need and has always explained everything I needed to know. Again, I cannot imagine why anyone would rate Dr. C or his staff as anything but top rated.
- The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Craig W Canfield accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Craig W Canfield, MD - Urology in San Luis Obispo, CA, in this video.
Dr. Craig W Canfield is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Luis Obispo, CA.