Have you seen Dr. Craig G Hurwitz?

Couldn't ask for a better Dr

Dr Hurwitz is wonderful and explains your condition thoroughly. I feel at peace of mind with him. Thank you.

"special treatment"

It is with great respect and admiration that my husband and I strongly recommend Dr. Hurwitz. He is an excellent Nephrologist and a kind and caring individual. He is most comfortable to talk with and you always come away from an appointment knowing exactly what is going on with your situation. Orra & Sharon Langdon

Fantastic Doctor

I can't say enough about Dr. Hurwitz. Extremely intelligent he and considered options not mentioned by other doctors I had seen. He really takes the time to explain things thoroughly and makes sure to answer any questions. He makes you feel comfortable and his genuine willingness to help is something not always seen in the medical field. I highly recommend Dr. Hurwitz and I am happy to be a patient of his.

Very caring

My relative has suffered with kidney disease for most of his life. He had two transplants and had also been on dialysis for many years between his transplants. He's now unfortunately back on dialysis and although this has been difficult he feels very confident in the care he has received over the years. Dr. Hurwitz recently called him at home to check on him. He listens and has a very good bedside manor. I Highly recommend this doctor.

Superb doctor

My family member is waiting for a kidney organ donation and Dr Hurwitz has been instrumental in caring for my family member while we patiently wait. He is warm and welcoming, professional and highly knowledgable about all facets and complexities with anything involving kidney health. Every three months my family member goes and I tag along and never feel like I am not a partner in this serious situation of waiting for a donation. We are so fortunate to have Dr Hurwitz in the North Country which is a bit remote compared to the Albany region, but I do strongly feel we are in the best hands working with Dr Hurwitz. He always makes time for our questions too, even by email. Thanks for all you do!

Dr. El Azoury

My first office visit was excellent. All my questions were answered and the doctor made a plan for me after going over all my medications with me. I would recommend this office to everyone.

Fantastic doctor

Dr. Hurwitz is a phenomenal doctor. I never feel rushed. He's always attentive, kind ancestry considerate. He understands me, doesn't great me like I'm crazy. He has done for me in the past six months than they did for me in 3 years in vermont. He's the best doctor I've had in years. So happy I've found him

Excellent service

Dr. Hurwitz takes the time to explain the issues, challenges and options. He also takes the time to listen, and never rushes you. He is compassionate and eager to improve your health, and is easily available outside of regular appointments (e.g by email, phone, etc...). I would highly recommend Dr. Hurwitz.

Dr Hurwitz has been my doctor for over a decade. I was first introduced to him when I was only 15 years old and I am currently 28. From the day I met him he has been an extremely kind, caring, and passionate person. He is amazing at what he does but he also has an amazing bedside manor. He will remember all of your family members and it doesn't matter if it's in his office or in public he will always go out of his way to make sure he says hi. I am 13 days away from transplant and Dr Hurwitz is the reason I am getting my transplant. If it wasn't for him taking such great care of me and my kidney we would have never made it to this stage. The other thing I can say is the staff in his office is absolutely amazing. They make it appoint to get to know you and they are always so polite and not once have I ever dreaded going into the office if anything I look forward to it. Over the years Dr Hurwitz and his staff have become more than just my kidney doctor and staff them have become like family to me.

Dr Hurwitz is a very knowledgeable ,kind,Dr. He was my Dr. For several years. I am moving,and I will miss his care.. He always put me at ease. And I left my appointment with renewed optimism.

deep appreciation

Dear Dr. Hurwitz, We could always count on you to answer the many questions we had regarding our dad's kidney failure as well as his failing vascular disease. You always listened to our concerns and did all you could to not only answer our questions, but to put us at ease. Your easy manner is so important to not only the patient, but also to the caregiver. Thank you

The best in the north country

My mother was sent to CVPH by her primary doc after follow up labs showed acute renal failure. This came out of no where as she has never had any problems. While in the ER she met Dr Hurwitz. After some testing I received a phone call at work confirming the renal failure. He explained where we were at and that she would have to stay. Went over what the plan would be for her care. Asked if I had any questions, before I hung up he told me that he called me from his personal cell and if I needed anything to text him. Unless early the next morning and got to her bedside and shortly after he arrived. This is when the magic started. He did an exam and then went on to talk to us. He explained he plan and reassured us that she would do well. He did explain that her condition was serious. So we spend the day and night resting and worrying. After repeat labs with little change he ordered a load of labs and a biopsy. He then returned later that evening and said he was happy with the preliminary results but there was a chance she would need dialysis. After a few days she was able to come home. I was just amazed at the care and bed side manner of this man. He treated us as if we were his family. It is not often that you come across a doctor like this. They are normally over booked. If you ever have a need for a kidney specialist in the north country this is your doctor. My family and I have the most respect and can not say enough things about him.

Dr. Craig G Hurwitz is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Plattsburgh, NY.