Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Craig L Gold has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 27
My primary care doctor left the field and I had to find a replacement. I wanted someone who had enough experience under his/her belt so I could feel comfortable with their diagnosis. I was also looking for someone who wasn't too old so I wouldn't have to worry about them retiring within the next 5-10 years.Dr. Gold seemed to meet both requirements. The initial paperwork took a little longer than expected and Dr. Gold was visibly disturbed. My appointment was scheduled for 8AM but it was 8:15 before I headed to the exam room. Dr. Gold was in the waiting room the entire time and it seemed like he was not happy that his schedule was thrown out of whack.Since it was my first visit with him I expected to be there a little while to discuss my medical history, family history and any current issues or concerns.The time spent with Dr. Gold and having blood drawn in a room located right outside his office was only 40-45 minutes. Since 5-10 minutes of this time was having blood drawn, my time with Dr. Gold was completely inadequate. I felt very rushed and not at all comfortable with dealing with him again.I already have an appointment with a new doctor scheduled around Labor Day.
Dr. Gold is an excellent provider. He is on time, his staff is very nice and professional. Dr. Gold listens to you and talks to you about things other than just your health. He invites you into his office after you get dressed. I have been seeing him now for several years and I drive a significant distance now to see him. I would not want another doctor. He stays up on your health, fusses at you when you don't take care of yourself and come in for your annual visits. He calls you himself with test results. And if you call with medical questions, he calls you back himself to discuss it with you. I absolutely love my doctor. He is the best I have probably ever had. The other thing that I simply love about him is that he is always on time. There is no waiting on him. And if you call in sick, his offices does whatever is necessary for you to get into see him or another doctor. No problem!
Dr. Gold is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
West Virginia University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Dr. Craig L Gold accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Dr. Craig L Gold is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pikesville, MD.