Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Craig K Hansen
Dr. Craig K Hansen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Rapid City, SD, with another office in Rapid City, SD. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Hansen is affiliated with Sioux San Hospital and Regional Health Behavioral Health Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Craig K Hansen has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Showing 5 of 5
I went in to get a "check up" whatever that means. 2 hours later, I heard "you should not smoke" in every way that statement could be phrased. I could have just called my mother for that prognosis. Because my back aches, and I am fatigued, my checkup became something other than a preventative care appointment and I just paid $170 to spend my lunch hour being told that I should quit smoking. So now all labs or any other "preventative care" screenings will not be covered by insurance, because I had a complaint during my check up that never actually took place. So if I ever go to get a "checkup" again, I'll be sure to lie about my smoking and any pains I'm currently having in order to spare myself the lecture and expedite the visit so I can get the preventative care I made the appointment for in the first place. So because I have back pain and am fatigued, any labs I take will not be covered by insurance. I feel like I just got conned out of $170 with hopes to get even more money out of me for each subsequent visit. I even asked the nurse prior to going in if this appointment will result in me knowing if I was in good health. Instead all I got was a bill and a drawn out lecture on all that is obvious. I asked insurance prior to the visit what would be covered and "preventative care" was 100% covered. However, I did not expect the visit to be re-classified as a complaint appointment because I "slipped up" and admitted my back hurt. It's as if I was sat down and interrogated into giving them a reason to bill me, and then dismissed. Now I have to find another doctor and do this all over again just to get a check up.
Dr. Hansen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
Sanford School Of Medicine The University Of South Dakota
Graduated in 1979
University Of South Dakota School Of Medicine
Dr. Craig K Hansen accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Craig K Hansen in this video.
Dr. Craig K Hansen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rapid City, SD.