Dr. Craig Hansen Is this you?

5 Ratings • 1 Comment

Posted on March 31st, 2014

I went in to get a "check up" whatever that means. 2 hours later, I heard "you should not smoke" in every way that statement could be phrased. I could have just called my mother for that prognosis. Because my back aches, and I am fatigued, my checkup became something other than a preventative care appointment and I just paid $170 to spend my lunch hour being told that I should quit smoking. So now all labs or any other "preventative care" screenings will not be covered by insurance, because I had a complaint during my check up that never actually took place. So if I ever go to get a "checkup" again, I'll be sure to lie about my smoking and any pains I'm currently having in order to spare myself the lecture and expedite the visit so I can get the preventative care I made the appointment for in the first place. So because I have back pain and am fatigued, any labs I take will not be covered by insurance. I feel like I just got conned out of $170 with hopes to get even more money out of me for each subsequent visit. I even asked the nurse prior to going in if this appointment will result in me knowing if I was in good health. Instead all I got was a bill and a drawn out lecture on all that is obvious. I asked insurance prior to the visit what would be covered and "preventative care" was 100% covered. However, I did not expect the visit to be re-classified as a complaint appointment because I "slipped up" and admitted my back hurt. It's as if I was sat down and interrogated into giving them a reason to bill me, and then dismissed. Now I have to find another doctor and do this all over again just to get a check up.

Posted on April 11th, 2016