Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Craig G Mohler has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Joint Replacement
- Bone Fracture
- Knee Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Hip Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Herniated Disc
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
If I could give Dr. Mohler my own star rating, it would be six stars. When I read negative comments about Dr. Mohler I just have to add my two cents to the mix. I had a total hip replacement back in 2010. He stood by me through the surgery and follow-up. I feel I got the best care ever. Since then, Dr. Mohler has treated some of my friends and also my daughter. He is the first doctor who I ever hugged in total gratitude!
I can't say enough about how extremely satisfied with both TKR. I even have several business cards with me at times for recommendations. I was scared going into the first surgery because I'm such a pain baby. Dr. spent as much time as I wanted each time I saw him and answered every question to the point that I understood and told me things I didn't think to ask. He never rushed and he made me feel comfortable about the surgery. I have been in surgery several times through my life and I have to say these two had the best results. A friend had each of her knees done about a month before each of mine. Weeks to months after each she was still using crutches or walkers. Two weeks after the first surgery I was walking, doing stairs, uneven ground, etc. with no assistance. Two days after the second surgery I was mobile without assistance. Second time's the charm. I would forego surgery if Dr. Mohler couldn't do it. I look forward to my 2 year follow-up.
Dr. Mohler is nice and he performed a satisfactory knee replacement on a friend of mine. I have seen him three times and now am thinking of letting him do TKRs on both my knees. I do have reservations, though. Like many physicians, he does not listen. I asked him three times in our most recent visit about nontypical nerve pain I was having in my knee area and he brushed it off. I suppose if you're a surgeon, every problem is a surgical problem, even problems that don't fit the "needs knee replacement" criteria. I don't want to go through a TKR and still be left with the nerve pain. I am seeking a second opinion. Also, prior treatments were very painful and ineffective. That might not be his fault, but it doesn't instill confidence when he won't look into--or is incapable of hearing--my serious, related issues. Dr. Mohler promised my friend he would manage her post operative pain. It was a big concern for her, and they discussed it at length (length being a relative term: he doesn't stay with anybody a second longer than he has to. It's the way things are nowadays.) But she had horrible pain afterwards. There were other factors that contributed to her suffering, but Mohler's pre-sales pledge was to alleviate her suffering and, once the sale was made, he did not keep his promise. This worries me. I'll update my review (if this site lets me) if I go ahead and have surgery with him. post script: Some of the office staff are pretty dim. One office assistant--who works in an orthopaedic practice, remember--asked me why I had two canes. !?! "Because I have two bad knees," I answered, but what I should have said was, "Think hard: What possible reason would a person have to use two canes?" Or, as a friend suggested, "One is to help me walk, the other is to poke people who ask stupid questions."
Hello, Vi. Thank you for choosing Slocum Center for Orthopedics & Sports Medicine for your care. Excellent patient service is something we are continually striving for and hoping to achieve with every patient. We apologize for not meeting your expectations, and we would like the opportunity to resolve this with you. Please contact us at (877) 619-9494 at your convenience. Thank you.
32 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
University Of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
Dr. Craig G Mohler accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net OR PPO
- Moda Health Community Care Network
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Synergy Network
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartChoice
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSlocum Orthopedics, 55 Coburg Rd, Eugene, OR
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Craig G Mohler in this video.
Dr. Craig G Mohler is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Eugene, OR.