Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Craig Oien
Dr. Craig Oien, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Owatonna, MN. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Oien is affiliated with Owatonna Hospital, Franciscan Skemp Healthcare and Fairmont Medical Center. Dr. Oien has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Craig Oien has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Craig Oien has the following 2 expertise
- Preventive Medicine
Dr. Craig Oien has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Craig Oien is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Oien is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Franciscan Skemp Healthcare
Fairmont Medical Center
Abbott - Northwestern Hospital Inc
Waseca Medical Center-Mayo Health System
Cannon Falls Community Hospital
Austin Medical Center
Albert Lea Medical Center
Luther Midelfort Oakridge
Fairview Red Wing Medical Center
34 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 1979
Dr. Craig Oien accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
HealthPartners - MN
- HealthPartners MN CareChoices
- HealthPartners MN CentraChoice
- HealthPartners MN Distinctions II
- HealthPartners Open Access
- Humana Choice POS
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMayo Clinic Health System In Owatonna, 2200 NW 26th St, Owatonna, MN
Dr. Craig Oien is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Owatonna, MN.