Dr. Craig Smith Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Craig Smith?

Saved my life

Posted on September 14th, 2015

Destroyed a life...

Posted on July 21st, 2012

My 33 year old cousin will never be the same because of the care of Dr. Smith. Not only did he cause him to have a stroke but he also did not follow through or even acknowledge this problem. This was the most disappointing consultation ever. I think he is not worth it.

This is the doctor to see if you have heart trouble

Posted on June 19th, 2012

Definitely would recommend Dr. Smith. He was professional, caring, skilled, and he took the time to explain my entire procedure. It was worth the effort to get the appointment and two years after my surgery, I still am feeling great.

The Best

Posted on June 19th, 2011

Dr. Smith saved my life in emergency open-heart surgery. He came to the hospital on a Sunday night to operate on me and could not have been more professional. He is focused and cordial and COOL under pressure... I think of him as the "Sully" of cardiac surgery. He is a man of few words which count! If you are looking for a hand-holding surgeon (foolish, in my opinion), he's not for you. However, if you want total competence, skill and experience, he's it. He really is THE MAN and quite a decent gentleman. No regrets. Total gratitude.

great surgeon, practicing in poor hospital

Posted on October 27th, 2010

Dr. Smith is an extremely talented surgeon and a true stand-up guy. Smith will certainly deliver, however, I would think twice about going to NYP for any surgery. A family member had a successful surgery with Dr. Smith, but during his post -operative days, he developed a common complication that was overlooked by NYP staff and it cost him. Remember it is the nursing care and post op care that will get you out of the hospital alive. If we could do it over again, we would definitely pick the less famous surgeon in a more patient friendly magnet status hospital with better nursing care and better organizational structure. After our ordeal we were also stunned by the lack of guidance, support or concern on behalf of hospital management. There are TOO many good hospitals in this nyc area, I would highly highly recommend Dr. Smith if he practiced at a better hospital.

Only for celebrities

Posted on October 29th, 2009

Dr. Smith is a typical celebrity doctor. He does his job and drops you even if there are complications. He is very skilled but don't expect him to be there for you or your family. I think there are plenty of equally skilled surgeons out there.

Posted on May 19th, 2017