Dr. Craig Scoville Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Craig Scoville?

Pompous, arrogant, dismissive. What more could you ask for in a doctor?

Posted on October 8th, 2016

My wife saw this "doctor" for extreme joint pain she was experiencing. He and his nurse basically treated her like garbage. Very rude and dismissive. He seemed too lazy to make an actual diagnosis and wanted to randomly put her on very potent arthritis medication with a long list of side effects without doing the proper, recommended tests first. When she inquired about this the nurse basically blew up and told her to find another doctor. The behavior of the staff at this place borders on malpractice in my opinion. We finally found a real doctor locally as well as a great consultant at the Mayo Clinic (a place Scoville could only dream of working). Since then we have met others who have had similar experiences. It would appear we are not the only ones who have had seriously negative experiences there. I can't imagine why this man is even a doctor since he seems to despise his work (and patients) so much.

Posted on August 5th, 2016

Below average in communication skills and teaching about disease process.

Patient Beware!

Posted on August 3rd, 2015

He treats you like Garbage and is so Rude! His Diagnosis can be wrong....however he keeps telling you that you have something else. He runs more and more Tests even though the Tests keep coming back negative for that Diagnosis! He will not listen to you and he doesn't really care! All of your Test Results can be High and or Positive for an Auto Immune Disease (such as Lupus) but he still thinks you have something else. Even if you have ALL the Symptoms and some of your Tests are Positive! He will not listen to you! He writes what he thinks, he thinks, you are feeling and what you have. You aren't to "Interrupt him while he is writing. And, for heck sake.....Do Not Ever Ask A Question! He knows Everything.....just ask him!!! His staff is also extremely Rude! I think he Trains them to treat people like Garbage. They start out pretty nice and end up just LIKE HIM! Find a really good Internist who will treat you if you have Lupus or some other Auto Immune Disease.

Posted on July 2nd, 2015

The man is exceptionally intelligent but he still needs to work on his Beside manner. I have seen an improvement over the last couple of years.

Frustrating Experience

Posted on June 8th, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Scoville for about three years, but have been dissatisfied for quite a while. While he is a nice enough guy and seems to be quite knowledgeable, he is understaffed and has policies that are not patient-friendly. I am never able to reach anyone on the phone and, despite several strongly expressed complaints, my messages are only rarely responded to. When they are, chances are that it is days after the message was left. The nurse tells me that she returns calls well into the evening every night. The receptionist seems to rarely be on the phone or directly be working with a patient. Appointments are made 3-4 months in advance with no reminder calls, texts, or emails. I misplaced one on my calendar and missed it. Because I had no future appointments on the books, the staff rejected my prescription refill requests without notification. I didn't find out until my pharmacy informed me after trying for a week. Because it is impossible to get someone on the phone, I was not able to figure out what was going on for a week after that. By then, my prescriptions had run out. I could not get scheduled in, and therefore could not get my prescriptions renewed! Blood work results are not shared with the patient except under duress, nor are they shared with other offices. I plan 3-4 hours per appointment, despite the fact that I was diagnosed years ago with AS and only have routine maintenance, check-up visits. I'm going to try out Dr. Walaliyadda's Rigby office, despite the fact that he also has poor ratings. We really need another, quality practitioner full-time in Idaho Falls. If Dr. Walaliyadda proves to live up to his ratings, I'll seek a confirmation diagnosis from a real SLC rheumatologist and see if my general practitioner will handle my maintenance visits.

Posted on November 1st, 2013

Lousy doctor, rude staff. Doctor puts up a finger and says, "shh" anytime I asked a question. Diagnosed my disease right, but never took the right measures to get the pain under control. I waited at least an hour before I went back each time. I drive 5 hours for each appointment now to avoid this doctor.

Felt like I was a waste of his time, didn't ask me questions.

Posted on March 19th, 2013

Dr Scoville walks into the exam room, doesn't address me, rather sits down at desk, and reviews my medical history. Starts making notes, asks me a question, about every 5 minutes, all without looking at me. Tells me I have a very high marker for lupus, however he wants to treat me for fibromyalgia and sends me to a pain clinic. I asked him, 2will the pain medicine help with my everyday flu and low grade fevers? He didn't reply. Diagnoses someone who is clearly sick with fibromyalgia is just an insult and I will never be going back. I was in great need of a specialist in my area and it seems I have to go out of state, which is hard when you are sick. Very uncaring doctor, doesn't listen and prescribes a catch all disease that clearly doesn't match my blood work up.

Dr. Scoville & Staff Do Not Care About You!

Posted on March 16th, 2013

Run as fast as you can!!!!!

Posted on March 15th, 2013

Diagnosis, very good Office staff rude rude rude just try and get a prescrption filled from this place.

Posted on August 30th, 2012

I'm sorry, but I find it hard to believe that Dr. Scoville doesn't know his staff is rude and uncaring. He has to know. This, in my opinion, reflects very badly on him as a doctor. Considering this and the negative feedback from other patients, my advice is run away from this office like the wind.

fine once get past receptionist

Posted on June 21st, 2011

i like the doctor and nurses, the receptionist makes me feel like i am taking up her time for no reason,other than her have no problems.

Patients without "Patience"

Posted on April 20th, 2011

Having known this doctor and the difficulties he has had to deal with in surviving in an unpleasantly difficult to deal with field I am not surprised that he is hard to get in to see. There are only a few RA specialists in Idaho and Dr. Scoville has to serve a huge area, including Montana and Wyoming. He really worries and cares and never brings the difficulties his office surrounds him with INTO the office. I know that EIRMC has tried to encourage other specialists in his field to come to Idaho Falls and they have refused. We should work with what we have and appreciate Dr. Scoville for what he has to put up with (unfriendly insurance, staffing difficulties, etc.) and be a little more patient as patients!