Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Craig A Shadur has 3 locations
1215 Pleasant St Ste 100
Des Moines, IA 50309
1301 Pennsylvania Ave Ste 208
Des Moines, IA 50316
1700 W Townline St Ste 2B
Creston, IA 50801
Book Online Now
Dr. Craig A Shadur has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
Dr. Craig A Shadur has the following 9 expertise
- Kidney Biopsy
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Chronic Renal Disease
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Kidney Dialysis (Renal Dialysis)
Showing 5 of 8
Self-verified patient of Dr. Craig A Shadur - Posted on September 6th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Craig A Shadur - Posted on April 6th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Craig A Shadur - Posted on August 3rd, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Craig A Shadur - Posted on December 18th, 2014
Self-verified patient of Dr. Craig A Shadur - Posted on October 18th, 2013
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2015, 2016)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
44 Years Experience
University Of Iowa Roy J And Lucille A Carver College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Brigham & Womens Hospital
Dr. Craig A Shadur Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IA PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- Wellmark Alliance Select
More about Dr. Craig A Shadur
For more information, please email: email@example.com
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Craig A Shadur, MD - Nephrology in Des Moines, IA, in this video.
Dr. Craig A Shadur is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Des Moines, IA.