Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Craig W Spellman has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Lipid Disorders
- Addison Disease
- Thyroid Diseases
- Gland Issues
Showing 5 of 10
This guy is one of the most unprofessional doctors I have ever seen. He either has a drinking problem or is just an outright pervert. He situated the chairs in the room so that his back was to the person who came with me. Only I could see his face. Throughout the entire appointment he kept winking at me. It was so odd. I kept mentally making excuses for him because I could not imagine a physician being so blatantly unprofessional on purpose. I saw him a few other times and he kept doing it. Finally I talked to a friend about his strange behavior. She told me it sounded like a pathetic attempt at flirting and tgat I should either csll him out or never go back. I opted for the latter. What makes this worse is that he wasn't even remotely helpful and that he is old enough to be my father at the very least....yuk!
This doctor did not give me refills on my high blood pressure medication which I needed desperately. I asked for a few pills to cover me till next appt which was less than two weeks and he did not do it. I was very disappointed had to call my gyno to provide Rx. He is unprofessional and talks about things that he should keep to himself. I changed doctors and it could not have come sooner. Would not recommend this doctor.
He said that Armour thyroid is nothing but ground up pig and he will not prescribe it. Even after telling him that I have been on synthyroid in the past and could not function in my daily life on it. He only looks at TSH levels on blood lab reports to determine if thyroid hormones are at optimal levels when Free T4 and Free T3 need to be looked at as well. I would not reccomend anyone who is wanting to take armour or any other natural thyroid medication to see Dr. Spellman due to his opinion on the meds.
27 Years Experience
University Of North Texas Health Science Center College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1991
University Of Texas Health Sciences Center
Dr. Craig W Spellman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTexas Tech Physicians of Odessa, 701 W 5th St, Odessa, TX
Dr. Craig W Spellman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Odessa, TX.