Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Creg A Carpenter has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Herniated Disc
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Joint Replacement
- Bone Fracture
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Sports Medicine
Showing 5 of 37
Dr. Creg Carpenter assisted by P.A. Rebecca Turner and Secretary Tammy did a fantastic job replacing my knee. I selected Dr. Carpenter after completing my own research and asking others about their experience. I found the entire experience from start to finish very impressive. I knew exactly what to expect before, during and after my operation. My wife and I were so pleased with Dr. Carpenter, Becky and Tammy that she asked them to do her upcoming hip surgery. I will be having my right knee replaced soon and have already met with them about it. We feel fortunate to have such a talented team available to us.
My problem is his dishonesty - his refusal to accept that as a result of the surgery there is a 1/2 inch discrepancy between the length of my legs. At the 4 month follow up his dismissed my pain - saying I had had a great recovery and Just needed to let the recovery continue. I went to my gp for a referral to a physical therapist. After 3 months, it wasn't until I started wearing a 12mm lift that the pain subsided. At the 12 month checkup his PT insisted that the difference was only 2mm - she wouldn't listen to anything else. I am less concerned with the difference in leg length that with the fact that I can't go there for help in dealing with it. The lying is just unprofessional.
I will second the comment that Dr. Carpenter is very matter of fact - no warm fuzzies there. When you talk to Dr. Carpenter make sure to keep it brief and have your questions ready - no small talk and it is all to the point. But it is important to note that Rebecca, his PA, makes up for that. For a fuller picture, I generally talk with her for more detailed understanding and more minor questions. A shout-out to Tammy, his secretary too, for being part of a great team that keeps things running smoothly. Disappointment with appointments which can be more than a month out - but they are in high demand, because they are good!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2011, 2009, 2012, 2008, 2014, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
26 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Dr. Creg A Carpenter accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsChelsea Community Hospital, 775 S Main St, Chelsea, MI
Dr. Creg A Carpenter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chelsea, MI.