Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Cristiana Bortuzzo has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Cristiana Bortuzzo has the following 11 expertise
- Liver Diseases
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac Disease
- Abdominal Pain
Dr. Cristiana Bortuzzo has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Cristiana Bortuzzo is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 28
Had an endoscopy and colonoscopy done in Feb. and was told Dr. Bortuzzo would follow up with me regarding results and treatment. It is now August and still nothing. I called multiple time and had to leave messages. I did get a return call from her nurse who told me the results but said the Doc would follow up with me to close the file. Not happening. While her consult was ok I can see how she can be abrasive with patients. The procedures went smoothly, but her lack of interest or follow up will cause me to find another doctor for future procedures.
I went to see her years ago. I heard bad things but gave it a shot. She was ok. I didn't see her being rude and was fine with me. I hadn't gone to a GI Dr in a long time and someone suggested I go to thier Dr. I did and didn't like them. So I called and explained and was told since I saw another Dr she would not see me. What is THAT about. I guess she doesn't need patients. I thought that was very odd.
Dr. Bortuzzo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Cabrini Medical Center
Dr. Cristiana Bortuzzo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDesert Sun Gastroenterology, 7140 E Rosewood St, Tucson, AZ
Dr. Cristiana Bortuzzo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tucson, AZ.