- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Facts Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Cristina S Alencar MD
Dr. Cristina S Alencar has the following 1 specialty
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
Dr. Cristina S Alencar has the following 11 expertise
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Hepatitis C
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
Dr. Cristina S Alencar is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Cristina S Alencar - Posted on June 14th, 2017
The front desk staff are very unfriendly. Not helpful and very rude. Good luck getting an appointment that works for you. I stood and watched how rude he was to an elderly woman. I almost spoke up. Wish I had of now. The triage nurse takes days to call you back for problems. The office needs more doctors. It is too busy for only one doctor. I would never go there again.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Jackson Memorial Hospital/Jackson Health System
Dr. Cristina S Alencar Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Cristina S Alencar's office for more information.
1503B N Road St Elizabeth City, NC : (888) 625-4926
Locations & Directions1503B N Road St, Elizabeth City, NC
Dr. Cristina S Alencar is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Elizabeth City, NC.