Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Crystal D Martin has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Crystal D Martin has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Crystal D Martin has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Crystal D Martin is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
Twice I have have thought I had an infection and went to Dr. Martin, but was told that there was nothing wrong with me. Each time I have ended up in the hospital within three days with severe symptoms from the infection she said I didn't have. She don't return calls and it takes the nurse days sometimes to do so. Three different times my pharmacist has called three to five days in a row, with questions on my medications before getting a return call. Was made to feel as if patients were not a priority there.
I had to get a new doctor due to mine closing his practice. I have bad knees and cannot get surgery due to my health. I have been taking pain medication for a long time for this and my arthritis. She tends to treat me like some kind of drug addict or something. I take one in the AM and one in the PM. or 60 per month. She cuts it back to 50 the first time I see her. I have been stuck in bed with pain waiting till she will refill my meds again. I understand their is a lot of people out there abusing pain killers but she has my records to look at.
14 Years Experience
American University Of The Caribbean School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Crystal D Martin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCookeville Regional Medical Group, 128 N Whitney Ave, Cookeville, TN
Dr. Crystal D Martin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cookeville, TN.