Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Curtis J Elam has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Curtis J Elam has the following 11 expertise
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
Dr. Curtis J Elam has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Curtis J Elam is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
Dr. Elam is an excellent doctor. He takes all the time needed to answer all my questions, and makes me feel very much at ease during all my appointments. He has a great bedside manner, and a great sense of humor. I would highly recommend him to anyone, and I will continue to go to him as long as he continues practicing!
I have been a patient of Dr. Elam's for 17 years now. He delivered both of my children. They are a beautiful and healthy 16 and 14 now. Now Dr. Elam is helping me survive perimenopause. Dr. Elam has always been caring and has always made me feel confident in knowing what was going on with my health. He is one of those rare doctors who 'listen'. I would not want to go to any other OB/GYN doctor. I highly recommend him to any female at any stage in her life.
I have nothing good to day about this Dr. or his staff. They sent my ONE Rx to TWO different pharmacies and they were both filled. They own me $60 because they made me pay a co-pay twice when I wasn't supposed to. They never return your calls, and if they do they are very uncaring and oft times just mean. Good luck getting test results. I usually have to call several times before I get any anwers. The Dr. is arrogant and becomes defensive when he is questioned. His personal life doesn't say much for him. He had an extra-marital affair that resulted in a child then refused to pay child support. This isn't the type of man that I want caring for me.
Dr. Elam is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Dr. Curtis J Elam accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network E
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Knoxville PPOx
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsFort Sanders Womens Specialist, 501 19th St Ste 701, Knoxville, TN
Dr. Curtis J Elam is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Knoxville, TN.