Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Curtis L Hunt has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Curtis L Hunt has the following 8 expertise
- Diabetes Complications
- Weight Loss
Dr. Curtis L Hunt is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
This Doctor calls himself a Doctors Doctor, really??? He only will treat high blood pressure issues and wont treat you as a whole person. You will have to go to another doctor for anything else. He is rude and will not look at the whole picture. You can't talk to him because he is a genius in his own mind. So if your looking for a good doctor you may want to save the $110 bucks.
Prefers you try over the counter and home remedies, prolonging your pain and suffering for previously documented testing, surgeries, and hospital findings, that have been proven and documented for years. He prolongs your chronic pain because he does not believe in "ANY" narcotic and/or steroidal drugs. Medicine is made to be used where appropriate, as needed, but no over used or abused. However, when you are in severe pain and your doctor prolongs that pain while using you as a guinie pig to try each and every drug free alternatives, that's totally unacceptable. Your a doctor, should show compassion first, then monitor any concerns. Your first priority is to make your patient comfortable, not watch them suffer while you try every non narcotic, non steroidal drug you can find as an alternative because you are not the one suffering!!! Very arrogant bedside manner and office staff is rude!!! If you have pain, do not go to this doctor, you will suffer!!!!
Dr. Hunt is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Curtis L Hunt accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCurtis L Hunt Md Plc, 2888 E Long Lake Rd Ste 110, Troy, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Curtis L Hunt in this video.
Dr. Curtis L Hunt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Troy, MI.