The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Curtis A Raskin has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Curtis A Raskin has the following 11 expertise
- Basal Cell
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Biopsy
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Cancer
Dr. Curtis A Raskin is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
I was referred to Dr Raskin by one of the leading cancer treatment dermatologists in the area. I had a condition to which none of the 7 physicians I'd seen prior could diagnose. The cancer specialist thought my rash was "very unusual" and that Dr. Raskin has a vast array of experience and great problem solving skills. I was elated! Finally my condition could be diagnosed and finally treated effectively. Firstly, Dr. Raskin opened the door and as walking into the exam room said, "you're a picker". In less than 5 seconds he had made judgement that clouded his objectivity. He told me that skin is very delicate you should never pick, scrape scrub, exfoliate, use a washcloth. He continues to lecture me that my skin condition was due to picking and irritation the skin that then further inflames and I further pick. He asked me no diagnostic questions. I brought with me a set of photographs depicting the chronological development of my symptoms and also brought a brief synapsis of my condition from initation to that day. He didn't want to see them. He stated that if my condition was different now, than it was in any of the photos, "that's of no concern to me". My mother, (I'm 44), even tried to interject and explain some of the situation. Dr. Raskin told her, "HMM.. she's an adult." Finally, shocked an amazed at his narrow mindenessd and lack of objectivity, general disinterest, we fell silent. He concluded with "Don't ever pick anything. Just leave it alone and it will go away. ( thank god some cancer patients are smarter than that.) I managed to ask if I should continue on the oral anitbiotics from the previous physician. He told me, "I've no need for you to." Desperately I asked well what con I do then? He said you could use some topical antibiotic ointment. Then as curt and as rude as His bedside manner, he left. Not, "have I answered your questions?", Do you need a prescription for the antibiotic ointment?" and definitely NOT "IFTHIS CONDITION PERSISTS BE SURE TO NOTIFY ME." It doesn't take 12 years of higher medical training to know that without obtaining all available data ( photos, examination, questioning the patient, etc..) No acceptable diagnosis or treatment can be obtained. Then again, I received neither.
Dr. Raskin is the best doctor I have seen in years!!! He found my skin cancer did the surgery and saved my life. I will always be his patient.
24 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 1994
Dr. Curtis A Raskin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCurtis A Raskin Md Inc, 2700 Grant St Ste 309, Concord, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Curtis A Raskin in this video.
Dr. Curtis A Raskin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Concord, CA.