Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Curtis F Robinson
Dr. Curtis F Robinson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mill Valley, CA, with another office in San Rafael, CA. He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Robinson is affiliated with Marin General Hospital. Dr. Robinson has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Curtis F Robinson has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
Great doctor, great staff. Was very happy there when I lived in the area. Now that I've moved back to the bay area, i'm living 2 hrs away from their office, but am still choosing Dr Robinson as my primary care physician, as it's probably the best doctor office I've been to. They're extremely helpful, friendly, and understanding. And if something came up at the last minute, I was able to be seen with no appointment and with usually only a short wait.
I have been seeing Dr Robinson for about 10 years. Even When I was living in the city I would drive out to see him. He is professional and excellent at diagnosing the many different issues that we have had. From Simple colds/flues to parasites to hurt knees etc. He also has recommended other amazing specialty doctors that we use like Skin Doctors. Most importantly he is calm, listens and does not over prescribe. I feel confident that he has seen it all. He is now seeing our new born daughter since she left the hospital and we love the fact that he knows all of our history along with hers. I find the nursing staff also professional and incredibly nice. We love supporting the Family practice and the personal approach to practice he exhibits. Yes like all doctors occasionally we will have to wait a little longer then our appointment time but on the other hand I am alway sable to get an appointment that day. I.e. My daughter and I are going to get flue shots today with no appointment.
I have only seen Dr. Robinson once, when it was my first appointment. Other than that it has always been a NP eventhough I asked to see him. I work in a doctor's office, and it is a shame that the NP see us instead of who we thought we were getting as our doctor.
Patients' Choice Award (2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Robinson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Contra Costa Regional Medical Center
Dr. Curtis F Robinson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Western Health Advantage
- Western Health Advantage
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Curtis F Robinson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mill Valley, CA.