Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Cynthia J Anastas has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Block
Showing 5 of 17
Just because she is unable to slap a name to your symptoms, she is incompetent. Any Doctor should continue to try to help their patient, working with them. Around 2 months ago, a patient was dismissed by her, a month later her patient dies in bed, tp weak and pulse off, which causes patiient unable to get out of bed to get a cup of water, and died in bed, and found a month later. WTG Anastas
I have never been so offended in all my life. I recently moved to Huntsville and had a heart attack and was taken to Crestwood hospital. Not only was I treated poorly by the Cardiologist but also by the nurse in sicu. I myself am a nurse and have never seen the likes of this kind of treatment. I then took my medical records to my own Cardiologist and general practitioner and they were in disbelief. I will never be seen by this cardiologist again, nor by this hospital. Good luck with whoever does.
I have been going too Dr Anastas for 15 years. I left another doctor for several reasons One of which....while I was in the cardiac unit...he came in to see me...and literally said I have other patients and need to go. That was the least reason I found Dr Anastas. I was referred to her by a cardio nurse friend. Dr Anastasia has been patient, never ever rushed me, she listens. Is intelligent and in her heart truly understanding of my condition and feelings. I will say that you need to get to know her as said I have been going to her with a Very Very sick heart and she has cared for me and kept me going for many years. Dr Anastas's office front desk and her staff are very well trained and an absolute 10. All of her nurses that pre examine me are well versed with experience in cardiology. She has a recent assistant Jennifer that is obviously intelligent and understanding as well. I will close in saying.....if you want one on one cardiac care Dr Anastas is an excellent choice.
32 Years Experience
University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry
Graduated in 1986
Northwestern Memorial Hospital
Dr. Cynthia J Anastas accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsApex Cardiology, 2045 Cecil Ashburn Dr SE Ste 201, Huntsville, AL
Dr. Cynthia J Anastas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Huntsville, AL.