Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Cynthia L Benton has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Cynthia L Benton has the following 17 expertise
- Mental Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Panic Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Anxiety Disorders
- Manic Depressive Disorder
Dr. Cynthia L Benton is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 11
I'm difficult as a patient in terms of metabolizing medications. Dr Benton is not only methodical, she's creative in how she remedies a medication that could work give a supplement and, wow, it does its job. She friendly, she hears me and she's responsive. So grateful for her practice methods, training and kind manner. She is a lovely person!
Dr Benton is on of the nicest healthcare professionals I come across. And Just lucky in the find, I have a friend at work that loves her. I consider Dr Benton a woman who wears many hats, she sees me as a therapist, and a psychiatric patient, but in a modest way. Sometimes you need something that helps you through life, instead of the hormones. THANK YOU DR BENTON!!!!
After my first visit several years ago, I had a traumatic experience that prevented me from making my next scheduled appt with her. I received a very hurtful letter from her discharging me as a patient and I owed her an expensive missed appointment fee (even after explaining my circumstances). I still remember this now - about 6 years ago. I'm glad I found another psychiatrist that I can trust and who would never give up on me as she did. I have been with him regularly since then.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsSOBER AUSTIN, 56 East Ave, Austin, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Cynthia L Benton, MD - Psychiatry in Austin, TX, in this video.
Dr. Cynthia L Benton is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Austin, TX.