Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Cynthiax Bowers
Dr. Cynthiax Bowers, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Santa Barbara, CA. She has 34 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine, Family Medicine and General Practice. Dr. Bowers is affiliated with Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital, Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital and Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Cynthiax Bowers has the following 3 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
- Adolescent Medicine
- Eating Disorders
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Mental Disorders
- Sports Medicine
- Women's Health
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Bowers is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital
Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital
Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital
34 Years Experience
University of Minnesota at Duluth
Graduated in 1979
Dr. Cynthiax Bowers accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions1824 State St, Santa Barbara, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Cynthiax Bowers in this video.
Dr. Cynthiax Bowers is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Santa Barbara, CA.