Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Cynthia Carlyn
Dr. Cynthia Carlyn, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Albany, NY. She has 37 years of experience. Her specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Carlyn is affiliated with Albany VA Medical Center : Samuel S Stratton, Albany Medical Center and St Peter's Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Cynthia Carlyn has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- HIV Infections
- Hepatitis C
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Carlyn is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Albany VA Medical Center : Samuel S Stratton
Stratton Va Medical Center
Vassar Brothers Medical Center
37 Years Experience
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Graduated in 1979
Cleveland Clinic Health System
Dr. Cynthia Carlyn accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSTRATTON VA MEDICAL CENTER ALBANY, 113 Holland Ave, Albany, NY
Dr. Cynthia Carlyn is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Albany, NY.