More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Cynthia Chi
Dr. Cynthia Chi, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Antonio, TX, with another office in Charlotte, NC. She has 9 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatrics and Hospitalist. Dr. Chi is affiliated with Medical Center Of Plano, Medical City Dallas Hospital and Texas Children's Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Cynthia Chi has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Hospitalists are physicians who specialize in the care of patients in the hospital. The majority of hospitalists are board-certified internists and have completed the same training as other internal medicine doctors including medical school, residency and board certification examination.
Hospitalist activities include patient care, teaching, research, and leadership related to hospital care. They have more expertise in caring for complicated hospitalized patients on a daily basis since, unlike other specialists or primary care doctors, they spend most of their day in the hospital.
They often coordinate the care of their patients and act as the central point of communication among the different doctors and nurses involved in the patient's care. They are also the main physician for family members to contact for updates on a loved one.
Dr. Cynthia Chi is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Chi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Medical Center Of Plano
Medical City Dallas Hospital
Texas Children's Hospital
Medical Center Of Lewisville
The University Of Texas Medical Branch
9 Years Experience
University Of South Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Cynthia Chi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Cynthia Chi in this video.
Dr. Cynthia Chi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.