Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Cynthia T Chow has the following 2 specialties
A dermatopathologist is an expert in both dermatology and pathology. They specialize in diseases related to the skin, but where a dermatologist would examine a potentially-cancerous mole by looking at it, a dermatopathologist would examine your skin cells in a lab, more like a pathologist.
Beyond just skin cancer, dermatopathologists also study a wide range of skin conditions, including everything from warts, moles, spider veins and herpes, to dermatitis, rashes, vitiligo and other conditions related to skin discoloration.
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Biopsy
- Basal Cell
- Skin Cancer
- Actinic Keratosis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Dr. Chow was extremely thorough, checking everywhere for possible skin cancers, as melanomas run in my family. She even checked out the scalp. I had been to another Dermatologist, who didn't catch a pre-cancerous condition on my chest to follow-up on. I only wish the office takes Medicare that my husband must use.
I WAS a patient of Dr. Chow for many years. That promptly ended with the SECOND misdiagnosis of basal cell cancer. Yearly skin checks with numerous moles removed, many normal, some atypical. In both instances I pointed out a spot on my leg to which Dr. Chow replied "Oh, that's nothing". My plastic surgeon removed both spots, a couple years apart. BOTH were basal cell cancer. I have a new dermatologist who is much more thorough. Photos of basal cell cancer on the internet helped ME diagnose basal cell cancer. Too bad Dr. Chow was unable to see it.
55 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1963
Dr. Cynthia T Chow accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCynthia T Chow Md, 1419 Walton Blvd, Rochester Hills, MI
Dr. Cynthia T Chow is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rochester Hills, MI.