Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Hepatitis C Facts about hepatitis C: the signs, symptoms and who is most at risk.
- IBS Facts about Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Cynthia Collawn
Dr. Cynthia Collawn, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sarasota, FL. She has 26 years of experience. Her specialties include Gastroenterology. Dr. Collawn is affiliated with Sarasota Memorial Hospital, Doctors Hospital Of Sarasota and Bayfront Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Cynthia Collawn has the following 1 specialty
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Dr.Collawn treats my ulcerative colitis and is better than most GI's because she listens, spends more time than most doctors do and keeps up with current developments in treatment. I haven't had a colonoscopy done yet by her so cannot comment on that.Wonderful office staff. Her nurse follows up immediately when called for a re-up on prescriptions. Super support.
Dr. Collawn is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Sarasota Memorial Hospital
Doctors Hospital Of Sarasota
Bayfront Medical Center
26 Years Experience
University of Guadalajara, Mexico
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Cynthia Collawn accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions1219 S East Ave, Sarasota, FL
Dr. Cynthia Collawn is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sarasota, FL.