Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Cynthia S Fernandez
Dr. Cynthia S Fernandez, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Columbus, GA. She has 31 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Fernandez is affiliated with The Medical Center Navicent Health. Dr. Fernandez has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Cynthia S Fernandez has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
Showing 5 of 30
This doctor actually cares. She spends time examining you, explaining issues, listening and answering your questions. If you are looking for someone that would go the extra mile for you, you have found your doctor. Her nurse Carol, is just as efficient as Dr. Fernandez and she also gets 5 stars. My daughters recommended Dr. Fernandez and I trust her completely.
Dr. Fernandez is the most caring, gentle, thoughtful, and helpful OBGyn I have ever been to in 20 years. She is the reason I had my first child when I did because she gave me confidence in my parenting abilities. When I was very ill and went to my primary doctor over five times, she fit me in at the end of the day and did every test to help me and referred me to the ER. Sometimes the wait time is a little long, but her and her nurse are worth the wait. I would recommend her to everyone. She is the best Doctor!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Fernandez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Medical College Of Georgia
Dr. Cynthia S Fernandez accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDaniel Joseph Eikelberry Md, 2300 Manchester Expy, Columbus, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Cynthia S Fernandez in this video.
Dr. Cynthia S Fernandez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbus, GA.