Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Cynthia L Geocaris has the following 1 specialty
Dr. Cynthia L Geocaris has the following 11 expertise
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Weight Loss Surgery (Bariatric Surgery)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Gastric Bypass (Gastrojejunostomy)
- Colorectal Surgery
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Hepatitis C
Dr. Cynthia L Geocaris has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Cynthia L Geocaris is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 29
Had surgery in 2008 for gallbladder. She clamped bile duct shut during surgery. Required second surgery 4 days later to remove clamp. She apologized for mistake and stated she would not bill our insurance or us for the second surgery or the second hospital stay. She sent us a bill for the second surgery (which we did not pay). Our insurance was billed for both the second surgery and the hospital stay.
I had my gallbladder removed and you would never know! Dr. Cindy Geocaris did a robot-assisted single-incision gallbladder removal surgery on me. She made a small incision in the belly button, you can't even see my scar! She is the only doctor in town doing this procedure, my recovery was a breeze and I couldn't be happier with my care and outcome.
I am still around to enjoy my family. I went to a different surgeon in town for my problem and was told It is too complicated and that I should go to a University. I went to Dr Cindy for a second opinion and she was compasionate and confident about fixing me. Her entire office staff was informative and supportive too. I am 8 weeks out from surgery and i feel great. I recommend Dr Cindy and her staff to everyone I know for surgery.
I like Dr. Geocaris and found her to be a caring, competent surgeon. She removed my gall bladder and was the one to tell me I had cancer. I also found her to be honest. The surgery I needed is a very big surgery. I needed a "Whipple" procedure. She explained the procedure and told me that I needed to have this done as soon as possible. It was scheduled 2 weeks after my gall bladder surgery. She also told me that this is a surgery that is not done in Green Bay very often, but that she had done it a few times. With the urging of my family, I looked into a 2nd opinion at Mayo Clinic and had my surgery there, where the procedure is often done once a week or more. My surgery was much less invassive than what it would have. If done here, I definately would have had chemo therapy and possibly radiation therapy. And I would have come out of the surgery with diabetes because so much of my pancreas would have been removed. Having the surgery at Mayo Clinic, by the 3rd top doctor in the U.S. to do this surgery, I needed no chemo or radiation thereapy and I am not a diabetic. Because of my recent gall bladder surgery, I did need to wait for my body to heal before the surgery to remove the cancer was preformed. I so appreciate Dr. Geocaris' honesty.
23 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Cynthia L Geocaris accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem WI Blue Priority X Indiv DirectAccess
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Common Ground Empower Trilogy
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- WPS Group
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Cynthia L Geocaris in this video.
Dr. Cynthia L Geocaris is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Green Bay, WI.