Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Cynthia C Griggs
Dr. Cynthia C Griggs, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Detroit, MI. She has 25 years of experience. Her specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Griggs is affiliated with DMC Detroit Receiving Hospital - University Health Center and Hutzel Womens Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Cynthia C Griggs has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Cynthia C Griggs has the following 8 expertise
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Kidney Biopsy
- Chronic Renal Disease
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
Dr. Cynthia C Griggs has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Cynthia C Griggs is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
It is my opinion that this Dr is obviously incompetent. She has twice prescribed the incorrect medication for the patient, one of which could have been fatal, had the patient taken it. In adddition to that, when called to get assistance with correcting the medication, the Dr. was extremely distant and unapologetic. Rather she was dismissive and failed to offer any reasons for the mistakes. I strongly believe the AMA needs to review the practices and license of this physician.
This doctor is extremely incompetent! She prescribed incorrect, dangerous medications which were later discovered and discontinued with utter disbelief, by another physician. Moreover, she waited until patient was on brink of renal failure before giving dialysis. The AMA should investigate and consider revoking her license or at least require an aptitude test for her specialty.
Dr. Griggs is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Wayne State University
Dr. Cynthia C Griggs accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
Locations & DirectionsCynthia Claudine Griggs Md, 18600 James Couzens Fwy, Detroit, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Cynthia C Griggs in this video.
Dr. Cynthia C Griggs is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Detroit, MI.