Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Cynthia J White has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Cynthia J White has the following 13 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Personality Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
Dr. Cynthia J White is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 3
I have had 2 visits with Dr. White. I suffer from Panic disorder, phobias, bipolar, and seem to have a hyper activity disorder as well. My previous Psychiatrist retired after my being his patient for about a decade. My Husband and I drive from the Forest area outside of Ocala to Gainesville to see Dr. White. My first visit with her lasted over 3 hours. It was great. I felt like she really wanted to know me and what was bothering me. I generally do not like people, but after about a half an hour with her, I felt comfortable, almost like I was with a longtime friend. That is completely out of character for me, I was surprised but elated! After my first visit, Dr. White did a DNA mouth swab on me as per our long visit, she seemed the feel I had some kind of Recessive gene that caused something called MTHFR. Apparently I received one of the two genes from each parent, lucky me. So, I have a gene defect. Nobody has ever checked me for that before. She recommended 2 supplements that have helped me feel much happier, also unusual for me. I am a long way from cured but have every faith that Dr. White will get me there. Do not hesitate to make Dr. White your Doctor, as long as she is taking new patients.
34 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
University Of Florida Health Shands Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsGAINESVILLE COUNSELING DEV CENTER, 2833 NW 41st St Ste 140, Gainesville, FL
Dr. Cynthia J White is similar to the following 2 Doctors near Gainesville, FL.