Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Cynthia R Okin has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
I went to this doctor my first pregnancy and she was okay. But with my second pregnancy she didn't even remeber who i was and she seen me alot during my first pregnancy seeing how I started preterm labor at 27 weeks. Any ways ; I had a severe problem during my first trimester that I was put on bedrest for and when I went for my follow-up for the condition she didn't even worry about it. She did an ultrasound to find the babies heartbeat but didn't even bother to check if the blood I had in my uterus that was severe enough to put me on bedrest had subsided. Sorry but I would never reccommend this doctor.
This doctor delivered my baby. She was in the practice where I went, but I'd never met her before. She was not friendly from the time I 1st met her. I was doing a natural birth and wanted to deliver on my knees, which would have been much more comfortable and easier for me. She said she's never delivered a baby in that position so I had to deliver on my back. She kept her hand 'in there' because she "didn't want to lose what progress I had made" and it was extremely painful and I tore because of it. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone, not even for a regular check up. She obviously is not a well informed doctor if she can't deliver a baby in a position other than lying on your back! It made the entire experience horrible. She never came back to check on me either.
I went to this doctor a few times about 8 years ago. I had to go to planned parenthood for some emergency contraceptive and I told her about it at my next appointment. She had no idea what Planned Parenthood was! I had to explain to her what it was and that there was a location downtown and one across the street from MCO (where she went to medical school!!). When a doctor is this clueless it is really scary.
Dr. Okin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
University Health Center Of Pittsburgh
Dr. Cynthia R Okin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- Buckeye Ambetter Balanced
- First Health PPO
FrontPath Health Coalition
- FrontPath Health Coalition
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Paramount HMO Ohio
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsMaumee Ob/Gyn Associates, 660 Beaver Creek Cir Ste 200, Maumee, OH
Dr. Cynthia R Okin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Maumee, OH.