Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Cynthia L Preston has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Cynthia L Preston has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 8
I understand being introverted because that's what I am to a certain extent, but this physician appears to be almost forced in her interactions with patients. I expected some sort of call back after I had interactions with the doctor covering for her, but that never happened. I'm fairly quiet, but find it very frustrating when I get cut off ("Let's move on") while trying to talk about something. Very frustrating and others have said the same thing.
Dr. Preston is my Primary Physician. She is at Senior Health Care in Gainesville, FL. I have confidence in her, because she listens to my complaints, refers me if need be, and follows up with test results, lab results, etc. I have no problem with her bedside manner. She is a quiet, rather reserved person, however, I know she is listening, because she responds to my questions and comments.
Dr.Preston was one of the Drs. assigned to my mother when she was admitted to the ER. Although we never saw this "Dr." we did see a PA nearly 12 hours later. My mother was admitted with severe abdominal pain,and was vomiting blood. The PA, decided it was best to defer my mother to a cardiologist, again w/o the benefit of Dr.Prestons advice to aid us in this decision(an Internal Medicine Dr.)The cardiologist said he felt the abdominal pain was a result of a heart attack, and suggested a cardiac catherization. It was reported that her heart was fine, and she was in recovery. During this time, my mother's lungs filled with blood, and she died. I can only think that a good Dr. could have given this woman a chance to stay on earth IF she had taken the opportunity to see an ER patient assigned to her within a 24 hour window. This is just my opinion, feel free to go to this Dr. if you like.
27 Years Experience
University Of Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Dr. Cynthia L Preston accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSenior Healthcare Center, 3720 NW 83rd St, Gainesville, FL
Dr. Cynthia L Preston is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gainesville, FL.