Dr. Cynthia M Rooney Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. Cynthia M Rooney?

Highly Informative Neurologist

We went to see Dr Cynthia Rooney for my 17 year old daughter. She had been experiencing symptoms that we could not explain. Sometimes losing vision and passing out. When we first met the Dr. we honestly were not sure. Yes, she has a presence that is very 'matter of fact'. We soon realized however that this skilled helped us to help her analyze the situation better. After a 30 minute appointment she recommended a sleep study. These may be seizures she thought, but we will not know until we take a better look. We did the test on a Tuesday and we were called on Thursday. They came back abnormal. We were to go in on Friday and meet with her to discuss next steps. When we got the Dr's office on Friday, both my daughter and I were sad and overwhelmed. Dr. Rooney was very informative, kind, and without a doubt insightful. We both felt in good hands. She asks questions. She asks how you feel. She spoke to my daughter. She apologized for delivering bad news. We respected her. My family has had a lot of experience with many Neurologists. My Niece has had 8 and myself 4. Both for seizures. Dr Rooney is worth staying with. Everyone has to chose a Dr. that they feel good about. Sometimes one Dr. just is not a good fit for all.

Awful Dr.

Do not take your child to see her. I wasted 2 months time bringing my child to her she did not listen to any of my concerns and misdiagnosed him. Stay far away from her, I found out after we stopped seeing her that she has a horrible reputation on the south shore with not only parents but also school districts.

angry mother

This doctor was horrible. I was sent to her with my 4 year old daughter, my daughter sat on the floor in the back of the room While I was in a chair & Cynthia Rooney was behind her desk. Not once did she talk to my daughter or even get up from her desk to look at her. I told her about the symptoms that my daughter had which included shaking of body especially in her hands, how she didn't crawl or roll over. Never pulled herself up & didn't take her first steps till after two years old also the sleeping problems she was having each involved her waking up at least 15 times a night screaming. After all this she told me "people shake some more then others. Your daughter is fine." I ended up getting second opinion, which that doctor had us do an overnight study. That included hooking her up to a machine that had wires connected to her head. We also did an MRI. after one night injured in hospital they came to me and told me but she was having over 20 seizures in an 8 hour sleeping. They also informed me that she had a stroke. They were not sure when she had the stroke they said she could have had it during birth in utero or shortly after she has tremors throughout her body. This was after Cynthia Rooney dismissed my daughter and her symptoms. I would never go back to see her and I would never recommend her she should be ashamed to call herself a doctor.

Yikes!

My girl had suffered progressively worsening headaches and arthritic symptoms for four years. We went to see Rooney and she basically gave her a field sobriety test and told me there was nothing wrong with her and that I needed to stop feeding into this behavior before I emotionally crippled my girl. My girl was clutching her blanket as she always has when hurt or sick,and Rooney told her to snap out of it. My girl asked me why the dr didn't belive she was really sick. I never went back.Went elsewhere and my daughter was diagnosed w Lymes disease!She was so rude to both of us..it was surreal!!!

Physician burnout?

She spoke over us. Asked a question and did not allow us to answer. She used intimidating body language. This was our second unfortunate experience with her. It was so bad we got up and left in the midst. I will never return.

Dr. Rooney is a great doctor. She took the time to answer all my questions and explained everything regarding my sons learning disability. I left the appt. for my son with reading material to further inform me as well as resources should I need another specialist.

I visited Dr. Rooney for my 14 month old son. She was a very caring Doctor who knew what she was doing. My son just loved her. She was quite funny too and knew how to handle a crying child at a Doctor's office

Dr. Cynthia M Rooney is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.